World Class Retriever Training
Wade & Lauren Cashion are the owners here at Callback Retrievers. Wade has been a professional retriever trainer for 20 years. Wade is new to the field trail training game. He has had two of the best mentors on the planet. Judy Aycock and Danny Farmer taught Wade what true Basics are. From spending time with them he has learned what a champion looks like. It was through that relationship that he was able to purchaes one of Judy’s old properties. This 100 acre tract was custom designed for field trial retriever training by Judy Aycock herself. One set of the technical ponds was designed by Rex Carr for Danny Farmer’s West Monroe, LA training grounds. Judy duplicated those grounds here. Wade and Lauren had the privilege of purchasing these ground from Judy in May of 2018. To view the grounds click here.
You can find out more about the retriever training programs they offer at TexasDuckDogs.com
We offer free training videos here:
More about our training kennel here:
- Start crate training your puppy the 1st day you get him home.
- Start drive building from day 1.
- Number 1 rule for training a dog: “Whatever you tolerate, they will do”. If it is an unwanted behavior, don’t tolerate it. Be very consistent and let the dog know that such behavior is unwanted.
- Feather introduction should be done weekly starting at week 8
- Water introduction should be done early, starting around week 10. This means encouraging your dog to swim in water over its back. You should get in the pond with your puppy. Warm weather is preferred. Keeping the association to water a positive one is essential.